SERVICES PROVIDED INCLUDE
Geotechnical Engineering Surveys
Geotechnical Engineering Surveys to assess suitability of potential sites for proposed projects and provide geotechnical inputs for foundation design and construction. Specific investigation techniques utilized include;
- Borehole drilling, soil sampling, and Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- Dynamic Probing (DIN4094) surveys for ground layer profiling and detection of buried weak zones
- Vane shear testing in clayey soils
- Trial pitting and logging of exposed profiles.
Geophysical surveys to facilitate site characterization and assess risks of adverse impacts of contacts between site soils and buried project materials;
- Ground profiling to determine depth to rock-head
- Resistivity surveys for groundwater explorationand exploitation purposes
- Resistivity surveys for soil corrosively assessment for pipeline route investigations
- Resistivity surveys to detect voids and specific buried materials
Construction Materials Testing
Construction materials testing to evaluate suitability of selected materials for proposed projects and monitor performance of on-going construction.
- Lab testing of selected borrow materialsfor earthworks applicationsand concrete production (grading characteristics, plasticity characteristics, OMC & MDD)
- On-site compaction monitoringto assess effectiveness of field compaction efforts (sand replacement method, DCP method).
- On-site concrete strength assessment (slump determination, cube crushing & Schmidt hammer test)
Technical Advisory Services
Technical advisory services for water supply and environmental sanitation project development
- Local water resource surveys.
- Community environmental assessments
- Water systems O&M capacity building
- Technical evaluation of small-scale water and sanitation systems
- Project implementationsupport for small-scalewater supply initiatives